In recent years, Hydroseeding has become the chosen method to establish a healthy, green and lush lawn. Seed, hydro-mulch, a bonding agent and fertilizer are mixed together and sprayed onto soil. The hydro-mulch provides for a protection layer which helps lock in moisture and prevents environmental elements (rain, wind, etc) from washing away the seed. Additionally, since the seed was mixed with water, the seed will germinate much faster.
Here are some benefits of Hydroseeding:
- As compared to regular seeded lawns, hydroseeded lawns sprout and grow faster. Grass can be seen growing in the first 7 to 10 days.
- Hydroseeding's attractive appearance – green in color - looks much better than lawns with dry, regular seed and covered with straw mulch.
- Unlike straw, when used as a protective layer for a newly seeded area, hydroseeding mulch has NO weeds. Straw is loaded with unwanted and unnecessary weed seed.
- Hydroseeding allows for custom preferences in each job. We can work with you to use several types of seed, each for different areas on your property. For example, if your lawn requires one seed for shady and dense areas and another for high traffic and sunny areas, we can easily accommodate your needs.
- Due to advancements in technology, hydroseeding is the most economical choice for installing, establishing, repairing or growing a healthy, green lawn. The desired turf can be acheived without the costs, time, expense and installation demands of hand-seeding or sodding.
- Hydroseeding has an ability to retain nearly 8-10 times its weight in water. There is no better choice for quick germination, healthy results and high plant/grass survival. Again, no other grass growing method, whether by hand or sod, has the water retention advantages of hydroseeding.
- Lastly, in the hydroseeding mix, mulched fiber is used to help anchor the mixture to steep grades and slopes which work to seal moisture. Water is gradually released, along with nutrients, to the roots so the grass root system replenishes itself until the next watering or rainfall.